12/31/16

New Year - Bring on 2017!!!


It’s funny… I always get to the end of the year and I reflect back on all of my accomplishments over the past twelve months. Yet this year I’m having the hardest time figuring out what I actually achieved in 2016. I can’t think of a darn thing.

Isn’t that pathetic? I can honestly say that I didn’t reach any goals this year (okay, maybe one... I hired someone to refinish my downstairs bathroom); but that could be because I didn’t set life goals for myself. I’m 32 years old and I’ve done nothing but fly by the seat of my pants my entire life.

Well not this year. This New Year holds wonder and excitement. I’m going to buy myself a LIFE planner, and I’m going to set goals for myself. Not just for work, but for the blog and my life as well. I’m going to keep my family in the loop, and I’m going to get it done.

I’ve learned over the years that I can’t really count on anyone else. My Mom is reliable almost all of the time, but sometimes she doesn’t want to do things on the weekends; and sometime I don’t want to ask her because I know she needs time to herself too. My husband isn’t reliable in the slightest (sorry Babe, but you’re not). And I don’t ever ask my Dad for help because he has his own stuff going on. So, it’s all on me to get done all of the things that I’m wanting out of life.

I’m going to take off running with it. I’m going to get all of the things done that have been weighing on me lately. I mean, the only person that can make changes to my life is me, right? Well, and God, of course.

So wish me luck. Because while I might be working on getting organized to make more things happen, what will come with it is a world of work.

Happy New Year!

2017 is going to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment