9/12/13

THIRTY on Thursday

So it has been so long since I’ve done a real post, and I feel like I’m not keeping everyone up-to-date on all things Brink. While 30 lines are nowhere near enough to cover everything going on in the Brink Family, it’s something. Maybe I’ll do another next week too. Anyway, here we go:

1    1.                  So I had my surgery follow-up appointment today and they supposedly removed all abnormal (pre-cancerous) cells from my cervix. Dysplasia is beck to zero, and I go back in January to have it all checked out again. Because it’s from stress, I’m worried that it will automatically come back, so here’s hoping I’m wrong.


2.                   They weighed me today. Ouch. That’s it. It’s official. I’m going to TRY to lose weight now.

3.                   I have memories of hugging my Doc after the surgery, but I’m not 100% sure since I was heavily sedated.

4.                   I won an award for Managed Care excellence at work. There are two people who can win this award, and it alternates every year. So needless to say, it does not make me feel appreciated.

5.                   I’m not sure why some people at work find the need to suck up to me… I’m nobody really. But yet, it happens… it happened just two days ago. Big time.

6.                   I found out a co-worker is an Avon rep. on Tuesday and I ordered 4 things already! I’m super excited for them to come in!

7.                   Christmas is right around the corner, and yet my Dad won’t quit buying things for Emma.

8.                   I’m working at PYC again. I’m not sure if it is temporary or not. I can’t remember because it all went down when I had surgery so I’m not sure if I said yes or no for long-term.

9.                   I still haven’t found a church. I had some prospects, but the geek in me checked out reviews and got scared away. How do you know that the church isn’t all cult-like?

10.               Speaking of church, I was leaning towards Baptist churches, but I keep hearing more and more about Westboro, so now I think I’m scared of those too. I want a homey, friendly, non-biased, cake-making, events-having, family-friendly church. I also do not want to join one, and then have to switch in a month. That’s why I’m so picky. Honestly, I’ve prayed about it so much I’m kind of frustrated that one hasn’t landed in my lap yet. But, He works in mysterious ways, right? Cayla, if you’re reading this, tell your Dad to go back to TT so I can end my ridiculously long search.

11.               I’m still questioning moving to a part-time job or staying at home with Emma. I’ve been actively praying and searching for an answer, and there might be something on the horizon. I’m not going to jinx it by saying anything yet.

12.               I need to reduce my stress. I know that much. But, I have no idea how. Anyone have any thoughts?

13.               I cannot wait for Christmas. I say that every year, but this year I don’t want to side-step the other holidays in the home stretch either. So, maybe I should say:

14.               I can’t wait for Halloween! I think Emma might be a strawberry this year. Haha. I’m waiting until it gets closer to decide for sure though because you know me, indecisive and all, I’ll change my mind before then probably.

15.               I can’t wait for Thanksgiving either. I always have fancy table-setting thoughts swimming around in my head, but alas I do not have a fancy house, or fancy parents, or fancy friends really. I wish we fit into that category, but I think only my dreams do.

16.               Oktoberfest is right around the corner. While I’m looking forward to it, the Mom in me keeps vetoing my drunkard plans. Ugh.

17.               Oh! We have a family reunion to go to on the 21st. We will probably only know one person there (literally) but we are going anyway. It’s at a pumpkin patch! It should be fun, but I have to bring TWO sides and I have no idea what to take. Hmmmmmm.

18.               We have three Cardinals games to go to this month. Gene is taking this Friday, Holli and I are going the 23rd, and then the Brink Fam is going on the 29th.

19.               Can the weather please change already? I always get like this. I want it to cool down and the leaves to change colors. Then I want snow and Christmas. Then as soon as Christmas is over – like, the next day – I want it to be Spring. It’s a cruel cycle of seasons.

20.               I cannot get enough of the song Blurred Lines. And while I have mixed feelings about playing it around Emma, she can’t get enough of it either. She will instantly dance and throw her arms around when it comes on. At least it’s the radio version… right?

21.               Emma has been working hard on mastering the sppon and fork. She’s a long way from perfect, but she can feed herself! Slowly.

22.               I feel like I’m in a rut. That’s another reason I think I need a change in my daytime schedule. I come home and play with Emma for about 3 hours and then I go to bed once she does, and I wake up and do it all over again. My weekends are consumed with family events. While I love my Emma more than anything, I need to have guilt-free time to hang out with friends. Why do I say guilt-free? I feel guilty when I go out without Gene because I know he wants time out too (which he gets but clearly doesn’t feel guilty about), and I feel guilty when my parents watch Emma one Saturday night a month because they watch her four days out of the week. I know they love her and don’t care (supposedly) but I do, and it’s the principle of the whole thing.

23.               I can’t seem to find an early morning yoga class. I need like a Tuesday class around 6:30am. Anyone know of any?

24.               I’m officially penny-pinching to save up for Christmas and such. I spend money way too freely. It’s funny how regardless of how much you make, it’s always only just enough because your lifestyle seems to change with your salary. I need to get out of that mindset.

25.               Emma’s vocabulary is getting extensive! She shocks me every day! She has even learned to say “I did that.” Lol. She has also started to say “Bo-Bo.” I have no idea what that is though! None of us do. Imaginary friend?

26.               I got word from the doctor today that in a couple months or so we can start trying to have another baby if we want. I’m starting to second guess having one for now. I mean, Emma is hard work sometimes. She’s at the point of throwing tantrums and screaming when she doesn’t get her way. With no resolve. It’s bad. I cry. I don’t know that I could handle that AND a newborn. I think because of everything that went on with my body I’ve lost that window for now.

27.               I’ve signed up for another 5K in December, and this time we are going to run it. My friend Alyssa is actually a blogger for the run we are participating in and the run is called the Hot Chocolate 5K and 15K. They are running a few giveaways and such so if you’re remotely interested, check out her blog for lots of fun stuff! She is also posting her training for the run, so if you’re interested in training yourself, or if you just like to watch someone’s journey, check it out!

28.               My friend Liz is having a Halloween Playdate on October 19th. I’m not sure if I will put Emma in her costume or not because there will be fun stuff like painting going on, so I think I might just have her wear a cute little Halloween outfit. Oh! Liz is pregnant with Baby #2 right now! She also has a blog and can I say she’s an awesome blogger?!?! If you’re a new Mommy or you’re expecting, check out her “favorites” posts. (To toot her horn, she’s also VP at a fancy company in downtown STL)

29.               I find myself very tired lately. I’m not sure if it’s the season change, or from my body healing after everything it has gone through the last couple months, or maybe it’s just that I need to change up my vitamin intake.

30.               I think I need to get glasses. I really need a lasik enhancement, but the lasik pros think that the PRK may not work as well as I’d hope with such a low Rx. So, I’m guessing that my best option is to wear glasses until it gets bad enough to enhance. I’m not too thrilled at that thought. 

     Well, there you go. 30 things that are rolling around in my brain. J
     
     Thanks for checking in! Look for another post like this in the near future, because there are so many things I didn’t get to put out there!
   
     Ciao for now!
  
     Jenni

3 comments:

  1. My favorite way to relieve stress is to work out. It seriously helps, so much. Go for a walk, find that yoga class (i've been looking for you)anything.

    Also - if you can afford the part time job or staying at home, DO IT! I bet that will help your stress level majorly since work seems to be a big stressor for you, right?

    The 5k sounds fun! I've been tempted to sign up for one!

    As far as having another baby, maybe it will be easier if you have the baby when emma is 3+? Then she would be able to listen to you better and help with small tasks? I bet you will know when the time is right :-) Just give it some time.

    I've been wanting to go back to church too. I know the one I want to go to, just have to drive to O'fallon. Its fantastic and I know its the one, but why does it have to be 20 miles away :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you are too sweet!!

    Wow, you've got a lot going on, girlfriend! I really hope you can find a way to de-stress. Stress is awful, especially when it's causing health problems too. I agree with Megan that exercise helps. It won't cure it, but it can certainly help you deal with the day to day.

    What do you think of the idea of a "friendsgiving" dinner? Break out the fancy table settings and dishes and go all out with the fancy - but just for friends who are on board with being "fancy". Get somewhat dressed up, everyone bring a dish, and have good conversation? Ok so it's probably a lot more work than I'm making it seem but it could be fun because I totally hear you on wanting to be fancy but not having a very fancy family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I'm in for "Friendsgiving" bc our Thanksgivings are always rush, rush, rush and we never get to just relax and have fun.

    Jenni,

    Thanks for the shoutout! I just read the other day that Westboro isn't actually associated with the Baptist church. Glad things are good in the lady area! I hear ya about being tired. I just bought a Living Social deal to do boot camp at 5:30am EVERY day. I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete