2/1/13

I Wish

I wish Emma could talk.
I wish Okie could talk.
I wish that my husband would want to talk to me.
I wish my Mom would take better care of herself.
I wish my Dad would quit with his arrogance.
I wish that Gene enjoyed his job.
I wish that Gene enjoyed something besides sports and video games.
I wish I could enjoy sports and video games.
I wish that work was called easy.
I wish that my work, was instead a career.
I wish that I could go back in time.
I wish I hadn’t had that extra ice cream last night.
I wish that cancer didn’t exist.
I wish that I wouldn’t think I have cancer all the time.
I wish that my half brother would want to be around.
I wish I had more ice cream now.
I wish I could hang out with friends more.
I wish that I liked beer.
I wish that people weren’t mean to their pets.
I wish that murder didn’t exist.
I wish that people didn’t get sick at all.
I wish I wasn’t still thinking about that ice cream.
I wish I had prettier hair.
I wish I didn’t have freckles.
I wish that I was skinny.
I wish that I could be skinny and still eat all that ice cream.
I wish that I liked myself more.
I wish that I didn’t let things get to me.
I wish I could erase every mean thing that was said to me in school.
I wish that nobody will say anything mean to Emma in school.
I wish that nobody will say anything mean to Emma ever.
I wish I could keep Emma in a bubble.
I wish I could keep me in that bubble with Emma.
I wish I could keep me, Emma and ice cream in the bubble.
Oh, I guess I wish it could be me, Emma, the ice cream, and Gene in the bubble.
I wish that I could bring back the children lost in the Sandy Hook massacre.
I wish I could rid the world of evil.
Most of all,
I wish that not a day will go by that Emma doesn’t know that I love her more than life itself.
I wish that I remember to tell her every day just how much I love her.
I wish that I will be able to keep her safe and sound at all times.
I wish that we will all be together, and happy, and safe (with ice cream) - for forever, and ever, and ever.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out more and the girls could play all the time.

    ReplyDelete