2/23/16

Changing my Luck... Maybe

Do you ever have days where you feel like nothing can go right? Like the world is out to get you? Like you’ve run out of luck? Let me tell you… I’ve been in a slump for weeks. Months even!
No, it’s nothing REALLY bad, praise the Lord. It’s just the everyday stuff. Spilling drinks, dropping food, car troubles, timeliness (tardiness), wasting money on accident, ruining a pair of pants, forgetting important things at work, etc. Like I said, all small things, but when it’s multiple times a day, everyday, it’s exhausting.

I tried to change my luck on New Year’s Day, even going to the extreme and eating three superstitious things instead of one. But, no luck. Pun intended.

I’ve heard so many people say that they don’t believe in superstition. That there’s no such thing as luck because God has already mapped out your life. But in my mind, God doesn’t have time to worry about me stubbing my toe or hearing a rattling noise in the back of the car. Maybe God created luck to mix up the pot a bit on the little things. Who knows. All I know, is that I could use some good vibes and well wishes.
In the meantime, I think I’ll start working on changing my luck myself:

-                   Go to church regularly. *Need to find one first.
-          Positive thinking.
-          Organizing the house.
-          Money management.

I have some great friends who practice the list above regularly; they both are very happy and fortunate women. I really just need to get the hubs on board to get my life-changing habits in place.

Do you have some advice on how to make my list a reality?

Do you use websites? Devotionals? A daily planner?

Remember, I’m a full-time working mom of two. I need the realistic things. I can’t sit down on a weeknight and spend an hour on this. It has to flow with our lives.


I know there are Moms out there making it all work. If you’re one of them, share your secrets please!



*Pictures from PSD Graphics, Wikipedia and Clip Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment