5/21/12

Getting Bigger

Well, here I am at 32 weeks, 3 days, and I already feel so huge I cannot imagine getting any larger. That's what I'm supposed to say right? I've been told numerous times "Once you feel like you can't get any bigger, it happens overnight."

"Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife." -Queen Victoria

I now have to have Gene push me out of bed sometimes; when he's asleep it takes me a few tries to move all the pillows, throw one leg over, and use my arm to push myself up. If I eat too much when we're out he has to help me out of his car (he has deep bucket seats). If I've been sitting on the couch too long, he has to pull me up. There are other scenarios as well, but those are the most common.

The reason I need help is because since I'm getting bigger I tend to get this tearing or ripping feeling on the lower right of my belly if I don't have help when needed. It's not harmful in any way, but if it ends up hurting me I have to stand there a bit to relax before I can get moving again. I had my appendix removed a few years ago and the area that has the tearing feeling is where my scar is... not sure if there's any relation.

When I am home alone (which tends to be a lot lately) I tend to only sit on our ottoman so that I don't "sink" in and feel like I'm glued when I try to get up. I am very careful not to drop stuff because it gets harder every day to bend or squat to pick it up. And if I do sit on the couch I try to sit with my legs to the side of me so I can just flip them over the front to get up in one clean motion.

My clothes are getting tighter/smaller. Every morning when I get dressed I seem to get worn out and out of breath from dressing. Lol. Maybe it's my exercise of the day. Oh, and don't even get me started about how I'm taking up about 2/3 of the downstairs shower now. I've bumped my belly on the wall probably a dozen times.

Reading through what I've already written I almost sound like I'm complaining. But the truth is that Gene and I giggle about it every time he has to help me up, or how I waddle. Don't get me wrong, I grunt when I'm having problems, and I whine that I hate having to have Gene help me so much, but it's not that bad. It's actually pretty cute that he's so into helping me get around. :-)

Looking forward to:

- My belly button popping out (or just pushing out further).
- Wearing a bikini at the pool this year.
- All the comments at the showers about how big I've grown (I don't mind).
- The belly touching.

Not looking forward to:

- Stretch marks (I've gotten 2 already).
- Additional weight.
- Having Gene help me roll over in bed (almost there).

One other cute thing about my bigger belly is that Okie seems to think when we're in the car that it's her recliner. She just leans back on it, and she seems to really enjoy it being there for her. :-)

As you read these, please keep in mind that if I complain, or if I get grumpy, it's just temporary and I spend most of my days completely giddy with happiness and excitement. I'm loving this, and I cannot wait to have Baby B in the end. No matter what happens, it will all be worth it in the end. :-)

Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I keep telling myself the same thing! No matter what happens, it will be worth it when we have our little ones in our arms! We're almost there, mama!

    ReplyDelete