5/11/12

I'm Going to be a Mom

Well, since a lot of my fellow pregos out there have a blog, and have had one since day 1 probably, I've decided to start one. Let's see if I keep it up.

To give you a bit of background information, I am 31 weeks along today, the hubs and I know the gender of "Baby B" but we are not revealing to anyone, and so far this whole experience has been pretty much smooth sailing. I'm up 8 pounds from pre-baby weight (according to last exam on 5/3) and I look pretty much the same except for this protruding belly; my tatas haven't even grown yet. Doctor says everything is on track, but it's odd to me that baby is already out of room and I seemed to have stopped growing as far as I can tell. I still say that by the end I will look like Jessica Simpson did.

It seems that everyone out there is irritated with Gene and I over the fact that we are not spilling the beans about gender. In a way it's hurtful because it's very romantic for Gene and I to hold such a secret and we seem to enjoy it. I now wish that I never spilled about possible names, but it's too late for that.

Baby's room is slowly getting there. We have all of the furniture moved in, and while it's not all exactly the same color it looks to be close enough. I'm going to wait a while before I put up everything as some of it is gender indicating, so for now it will all remain in it's original bags or packaging. I find myself just standing in there daydreaming about when s/he is here.

We've registered at one location already (Target) and we plan to register at Wal-Mart this weekend as shower invites will be going out soon. I noticed that I felt guilty while registering so I let Gene handle most of it. It feels more like asking people to donate than to be surprised with gifts. I know it's normal, but it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason; I'm sure I'll get over it. We've also bought some larger items ourselves to avoid having massive dollar amounts showing on the registry.

Hormones are killing me. It's a constant roller coaster and most of the time it seems that I'm stuck in the "infatuated-with-Gene" part and never moving towards a down-slope. I'm sure he's annoyed with me most of the time as I require a lot of attention lately. I even get jealous when he's showing affection towards Okie (dog) and not towards me. How ridiculous it is, but I cannot seem to stop it all. Oh, let's not even talk about the fact that I cry at almost anything remotely sentimental which happens to be at least once a day now.

We took our first Childbirth class last night. Gene wasn't too enthused about it at first, but I think we both found it informational to say the least. I especially liked the part where we practiced relaxing and breathing. The instructor/teacher, Martha, was great! She made it a point to make us tense up and then try our breathing out, and just focusing on my breathing alone I knew that it was going to be the one thing to get me through labor. We also went over all things anatomy. I enjoyed the time there and it seemed to fly by. I'm very much looking forward to the next 3 classes and highly recomment that everyone take them if they never had before. Oh, one more thing about the breathing, Gene was watching me practice it and I felt very awkward... here's hoping I wont care that much when L&D time is here.

Little things going on: Braxton Hicks contractions come and go at least once a day now, my ankles swell about every other day or so, my memory is awful, I'm getting nightly leg cramps which are getting worse and worse as time goes on, I can't seem to bring myself to do anything after work as just sitting and typing all day wears me out somehow, and lastly, I find myself wishing for Baby B to finish cooking already and just get here now (I want to stress the point that s/he be done developing!).

That's it for now, I have to leave some stuff for later otherwise I might never blog again. ;)


Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I'm bummed that our u/s tech only gave us head shots and none of like the foot or spine or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete