6/25/12

It's Getting Close

Yes, it's coming to the end of my pregnancy. I've got just 2 weeks, 4 days until my due date. Here's hoping I don't make it that far, but if I do then so be it.

I can definitely tell that it's getting close. How? It's hard to explain. It's not just the fact that at this point it feels like I'm holding a bowling ball in and it's about to fall out at any minute. I feel different. I feel... weird. I can't explain it, and I'm not sure that this is normal for everyone, but it's like I'm walking on cloud nine, not a care in the world. Or maybe it's more like an out-of-body experience? Naaaaah. Maybe it's more like my body is flipping out on me. Whatever it is, I've never felt anything like it. Sometimes it's like I need to vomit. Lol.

So, since we all know it could be any minute, this weekend was filled with lots of to-dos. Yesterday alone, Gene and I got more done around the house than we have the past 8 months.

- Car seat bases in (have to have firemen check out mine though).
- Sun screens in car.
- All floor mats washed.
- All floors swept, vacuumed, mopped, carpet cleaned, etc.
- Box in fridge for milk bags and pump parts.
- New shower curtain up.
- Baskets in bathroom replaced with fancy new ones.
- Baby's bath stuff has a place of it's own.
- Baby's bottles, pacis, containers, etc. all boiled and sanitized.
- Bottle warmer set up and ready to go.
- High-chair put together and ready to go (for months down the road, haha).
- Stroller put together and ready to go.
- Every counter-top or surface cleaned and sanitized.
- Every dish washed.
And so much more.......

There are still a few things that need to be done that I've delegated to Gene since he is off 3 days a week, and he better get them done soon just in case. :-) However, I feel like I'm going the extreme because I even want to do things like trim the bush in the front yard, put mulch around the trees in the back yard... like the baby is really going to care about those things!

I've also had a revelation that Gene and I have so much crap! I can't believe just how much stuff we are attached to. Why do we have such a hard time throwing things out, or selling them? I mean, it shouldn't be an issue to throw out that old coolie cup that we haven't even considered using in years b/c it's falling apart. But yet it turns out that Gene has some special bond with it. Lol. We are going to need some help. Lol.

Update: Baby may be head down and low, but s/he is also way up in my ribs. It's hard to breathe, hard to put lotion on my legs, hard to get in and out of the car, and so much more. I also find myself worrying more about if s/he is okay in there. There maybe a lot of movement, but even a baby with problems would move around and have a strong heartbeat.

**Got a call from my OB's office, and they've rescheduled my ultrasound until July 3rd. It's a week and a half before I'm due... I mean what's the point then? Why pay all that money when I could pop any day? I've cried 3 times about the reschedule already. I don't feel like it's fair somehow, and I'm an emotional wreck. At least I could have seen my baby and made sure s/he is okay.
I'm just a worry-wart.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment